Cross Country Athletes & Parents:
Here’s information regarding our team this week:
· I’m including the link to the informational packet passed out at our Parent Meeting here.
· Another reminder: Bring running shorts, shirt, shoes, long-sleeve t/hoody (for when it gets colder/rains), water (multiple bottles), and a light, healthy snack!
· Our 1st Friday Night Dinner is planned for this Friday, August 21st! Parents, we will be meeting in the auditorium after our practice for our team meeting, then we’ll head to the cafeteria around 4:45 p.m. Coach Walters and I will help get rags and mops for clean-up.
· Parents: I’ve got the following items from last year’s Friday Night Dinners in my classroom (should you need supplies). These are estimates:
250 per plates, 700 napkins, 48 cups, & 240 plastic forks
· We just passed out uniforms yesterday (we’ll pass out jackets on Friday at the Friday Night Dinner). Any issues with uniforms/jackets, let us know by Friday!
· If your athlete is complaining of injury, let me know so we can set up a meeting with the ALHS athletic trainer at the high school. If athletes are not diagnosed with an injury, they are expected to run at practice! So far we’re pretty good but please let us know so we can monitor any issues. We want to peak at the SWC Championship and making sure we are all healthy is the best way to accomplish that goal.
SWC PREVIEW Information:
· We will be meeting at TROY (not Learwood), on Saturday, August 29th, at 6:00 a.m. Buses leave at 6:05 a.m. We should return between 10:00 – 10:15 a.m. at the same location. We will have athletes call to be picked up so parents do not have to wait!
· Please remember to pick up your child in a timely manner as coaches have to wait for every athlete to be picked up.
· All GIRLS run at 8:00 a.m.
· All BOYS run at 8:30 a.m.
· Bring uniform, apparel, running shoes AND spikes (if you have them). You will only wear your spikes for the race. Also, bring sandals to wear afterward, as your feet, socks, and shoes will be wet! Trust us, it’s a much better ride home if your feet are dry! Bring a cell phone, water, sports drink (just one), and a healthy snack!
· Remember, if you wear compression shirts, shorts, or just regular shirts/shorts underneath your uniform, it has to be BLACK! Officials are much better with the logos, but make sure your shirts/shorts are a solid color (black). We’ll review this at our team meeting on Friday.
· Parents, if you are taking your child home from the meet please make sure to sign out with Coach Walters. She will be either at the finish line or the campsite. Only parents can sign out athletes from the meet!
· After the race, results will be posted online at www.baumspage.com. On that webpage, click on Cross Country. Then scroll down to Southwestern Conference Preview (8/29/15). Click there to find out results. Please note: results may not be updated until later in the day that Saturday or perhaps even into the day on Sunday.
· Parents, we will include a course map on the blog site. It’s best to view athletes running at the start line, at the mile mark (by the tennis courts), and then at the finish. If you really want to cheer kids on where they will totally hear you, the base of the hill is also a good spot (I usually go there…they need some cheerleaders there!). The downside is you might not get to see the finish. These locations are fairly close to each other so you should be able to walk to each location without difficulty!
Coaches Arebaugh, Rocco, & Walters