Cross Country Athletes & Parents:
Here’s our weekly update:
Cross Country Athletes & Parents:
First, congratulations on participating in the 1st Annual A.L. Fun Run! While the weather didn’t cooperate with us in the morning, it was still fun. According to our measurements, the course was about 1.91 miles in total length. The winning team was the NO NAMES!
1st ANNUAL AVON LAKE FUN RUN RESULTS
Champions NO NAMES 110 points
The names of the ‘No Names’
Runners-Up Flying Fergatis 124 points
3rd place My Name Is… 152 points
4th place Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 160 points
5th place Team ‘Death’ 164 points
6th place Shin Splinters 169 points
7th place A.L. Dragons 197 points
8th place Team 9 202 points
9th place Uni-Bacon-atis 209 points
10th place Killer Kats of Kandy Land 229 points
· Parents, we still have a surplus of paper plates, plastic cups, plastic silverware, napkins, and drinks for the dinners. Just stop by my room (404) to pick up what you need!
· Apparel: any issues, see Coach Walters. We passed out apparel on Wednesday, but a lot of kids left their new clothes in her room. Stop by to claim your gear!
· Lost & Found: we have missing items in our classrooms. Please stop by again to claim your items! Any lost items, by the end of the season, will be donated to charity.
· We have added a meet to our schedule! The Clague Park ‘Fun Run’ is scheduled for Wednesday, October 7th, at Clague Park in Westlake. We will be running with Amherst and Westlake. This is an additional meet that the three teams schedule each year—our little tradition. The race is 1.5 miles long and the kids LOVE it! We’ll post times for this in the near future.
· Just a heads-up…very soon we will need to know who is willing to go to the OHSAA Middle School Cross Country Championships. We can take a maximum of 40 athletes: 10 Boys’ Team/10 Girls’ Team/10 Boys’ Open/10 Girls’ Open. The race is a week after the SWC Championship (Saturday, October 18th). We’ll talk to the team about this but we need to know who can make this meet so we can take as many kids as we can, without leaving anybody out who would want to go!
· I’m going to send out our Cheat Sheet here!
· We will meet at Troy at 6:15 a.m.
· We should return around noon.
· This meet is where we take a lot of the OPEN runners and bump them up to TEAM status. Team runners will run a workout with me, then cheer on their teammates. Any TEAM runner we rest will get their spot back for the Upper Sandusky race. We want to rest some runners who need it, while still allowing other runners to run TEAM this week. All runners are expected to be in attendance!
· Here’s the course map: http://www.baumspage.com/cc/cloverleaf/2013/Middle%20School%20Course%20map.pdf
· Normal breakfast still applies, with a light snack both before & after the race. Bring water for both before and after the race, and don’t forget your sports drink!
· Results will be on baumspage.com!
· Weather looks great! For the first time in a few years, it looks like it will be sunny and dry (much to the disappointment of the kids).
· Parents, this race usually charges an admission fee.
· Concessions and t-shirts will be available.
· This race is held at Cloverleaf High School (8525 Friendsville Road, Lodi, OH 44254).
· Here’s the schedule:
9:00 a.m. Girls Team
Mackenzie, Liz, Elle, Liv, Caroline, Ava, & Abby Baird
9:20 a.m. Girls Open
All other girls
9:45 a.m. Boys Team
Jacob Nasr, Ryan Keller, Brandon, Jacob Morris, Danny, Owen, Michael Mandel
10:05 a.m. Boys Open
All other boys