Tomorrow we will be holding the 3rd Annual Avon Lake-Amherst Fun Run at ALHS/Kopf Reservation. Here's important information regarding the race:
- Athletes are to bring their uniforms, normal running shoes (no spikes), two bottles of water (one for after the race, one for the dinner afterward), and normal apparel to wear pre- and post-race.
- Runners will change after school, eat their snacks in Coach Zane's room, and then will be bussed to the high school. Bring everything with you! We will not be returning to Learwood.
- We will bus athletes on a rotational basis. One bus will shuttle athletes...we will try to get all boys on one bus, all girls on the other. Please be patient and flexible! It's a short bus ride (5 minutes), so let's try to get everyone over to the high school as soon as possible!
- We will meet between AL Memorial Stadium & the baseball field--the same place where we held the Mock Meet this summer. Parents, the start and finish are the same place!
- It's not a 'fan-friendly' course...so we apologize in advance. It's a fun route for the kids, and top runners will get candy instead of medals.
- The race will be an informal 1.8-mile loop through Kopf Reservation. Parents, we may need helpers at a couple of spots to help guide runners. Our runners should know where they're going, but the Amherst kids will need help!
- Runners: we will be asking you to help walk the course with Amherst runners!
- After the races are completed, we'll meet in the ALHS Commons area for a pizza dinner. The dinner will last from about 6 - 6:45 p.m.
- Since we are holding this event in Avon Lake, you can leave with a parent after it is completed. There is no need to sign out, and kids will be picked up from the high school.
- Here's the schedule for tomorrow:
4:40 - 8th grade boys
5:00 - 7th grade girls
5:20 - 7th grade boys
See everyone tomorrow!