Monday, October 24, 2011

Wrapping up a GREAT Season


Cross Country Parents:

I want to thank you all for a really great season! I meant to send an email out last week, but, to be honest, I was exhausted and needed a break from the season. I would like to go over a few things:
  • All uniforms need to be turned in to my classroom (room 404) by Friday, October 28th. Uniforms need to be placed in a plastic bag and labeled with the athlete's name. Make sure to include shirts, shorts, and jackets. We have a few jackets in my Lost & Found in my room.
  • Our Lost & Found is huge! Please have your athlete stop by my room to see if any of your missing items are there! We will bring these items to our Awards Night.
  • Cross Country Awards Night will be held on Thursday, October 27th, at 7 p.m. in the auditorium. Hope to see everyone there!
  • Coach Walters and I would like to thank everyone for the photo books we received last Saturday night! They are awesome...the best end-of-season gift we could ask for! I've got a donation envelope in my classroom from the parents who put this together. If you could, send your child down to my classroom with any donation you see fit to give, and Coach Walters and I will make sure to give it to Mrs. Krock later in the week. Thanks again!
  • We will be starting off-season running for all who are interested. We are planning on starting the week of November 7th. We will run 3 days a week, and these sessions will start at 3 p.m. and end at 4 p.m. We will email families and post this on the blog. I have to set up a schedule for myself but I'm thinking we will post schedules in 2-week intervals! For those who cannot make it in the fall (girls' basketball players) or the winter (boys' basketball players) I will come up with a running log for athletes to check in with me once a week. The mileage will not be much and the workouts will not be intensive...something everyone can do. I hope to be able to keep this up until February, when I have to transition to the varsity track team.
  • I've sent information to The Press for every meet this season, except Cloverleaf, Westlake Fun Run, and Jack Wilhelm. I just sent in information from the SWC Meet. Hopefully they will print that as this is the first year I have not seen anything written about our team!
Again, Coach Walters and I want to thank everyone for a truly great season. We had a great team this year, and a great group of athletes to work with. We appreciate everyone's efforts and look forward to thanking you all in person on Thursday night!

Coach Rocco
Coach Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment